Preliminary Agenda set for July 11, 2012 Savannah Airport Commission MeetingJuly 5th, 2012
SAVANNAH AIRPORT COMMISSION
July 11, 2012
1. Call to Order by Chairman Formey
2. Approve Minutes of Previous Meeting – June 6, 2012
3. Recognition of Visitors
4. Chatham County Youth Commission – Aviation Day
5. First in Service Awards: Linda Soloman & Terry Beasley
6. Length of Service Award(s): Mark Denmark - 20 years
CONTRACTS AND AGREEMENTS
7. Request Approval of PGA Heritage of Golf Sponsorship for 2013 - 2016 in the Amount of $28,350 per Budget Year. In 2011, the Commission approved an extension of the contract to sponsor the PGA Heritage of Golf Tournament on Hilton Head Island until 2013. In support of the new sponsors, Royal Bank of Canada and Boeing, both of which have recently agreed to remain as sponsors of the tournament thru 2016, Staff recommends continued support through the term of their commitment. SAC has been offered a sponsorship extension at the same rate we've paid for the last six years. The sponsorship includes the skybox which allows us to provide an amenity to business and community leaders and stakeholders in both the Savannah and Hilton Head areas and to get the message out that Savannah/Hilton Head International is the Airport of choice for the low country market area. Staff believes that the event is a perfect platform to show our support for the community, as well as continue our branding efforts to a large audience.
8. Approve Contract with Ailevon Airport Consultants in the Amount of $24,000. In 2010, the Airport Commission contracted with Sabre Airline Solutions for air service consulting for an amount not to exceed $50,000. That contract was entered into with the purpose of utilizing Brad Difiore, formerly with Delta Air Lines, for his expertise in market analysis and presentation preparation, as we developed plans for our new air service strategy program. Since that time, we have utilized Brad on a project-by-project basis as we presented to airlines at conferences and the meeting with jetBlue. With the retirement of Bob Uhrich, Staff feels it is important to continue our relationship with Brad on a retainer basis to provide ongoing consulting services related to airline meeting representation, industry briefings with SAV officials as requested, and ad hoc requests for data and analysis related to carrier requests. Mr. Difiore is now with Ailevon Airport Consultants. Staff recommends contracting with Ailevon in the amount of $24,000 for consulting services through the end of 2012. That amount is the balance remaining from the $50,000 approved in 2010.
9. Signage Replacement: Exterior Roadway, City of Savannah Event No. 434, $405,028. Recommend approval of contract with Architectural Graphics, Inc. in the amount of $405,028 for the Signage Replacement: Exterior Roadway project. This project consists of, but is not limited to, furnishing all labor and materials to supply and install exterior roadway signage including foundation design, demolition, and all other items listed in the plans and specifications. Budget: $400,000