Transportation Security Administration (TSA) - Security Information
TSA Checkpoint Hours of Operation
|Sunday, Monday, Tuesday & Saturday
|3:45 am – 9:30 pm
|Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
|3:45 am – 8:30 pm
At Savannah/Hilton Head International (SAV), we are working together with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to provide the best air travel security possible.
- All travelers 18 years of age and over will be asked to show a valid government-issued photo ID (e.g. driver’s license or passport) during the ticketing process and at the security checkpoint. If you have lost your government-issued photo ID, check with the TSA for guidelines for traveling without a valid ID.
- Only ticketed passengers are allowed beyond security checkpoint. If assisting an unaccompanied child, elderly person or special needs passenger, check with your airline to see if you qualify for an access pass to the gate.
- Families of military may accompany a departing and arriving military family member to the airline gate and can remain with them until they board their aircraft. Family members must receive a pass from the airline that the military member is flying. A pass and a photo ID is required to get through the security checkpoint. For more information, contact your airline.
- Passengers are limited to one carry-on bag and one personal item (briefcase, backpack, laptop computer or purse). All other items should be checked at the ticket counter, electronic kiosk or curbside.
- Electronic devices (including cell phones), keys, loose change and any other metal items should be placed inside your carry-on bag until you clear security.
- Laptop computers should be removed from carrying cases for screening. Trays are provided to protect your computer during screening.
- Outer coats and jackets must be removed and screened.
- TSA recommends passengers remove shoes for screening at the checkpoint. Many shoes contain metal in their construction, and removing them prior to screening may save you from additional screening.
- No sharp objects of any kind will be permitted through security checkpoint. For a current list of permitted and prohibited items, visit the TSA website.
- Traveling with Children
- Traveling with Medication
- Traveling with Special Needs
Additional security tips can be found on the TSA website. The Transportation Security Administration works to ensure the safety and security of the nation’s aviation system. If you have comments, concerns or complaints, please contact them directly at (866) 289-9673.
TSA Pre✓ Application Program
How it Works
- An applicant must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) and cannot have been convicted of certain crimes. If an applicant has a record of any of the crimes identified in the eligibility requirements, they may choose not to apply, as the application fee is nonrefundable.
- Interested applicants must visit an enrollment center to provide biographic information that includes name, date of birth and address. An applicant will be fingerprinted and will be required to provide valid required identity and citizenship/immigration documentation. An applicant also has the option to pre-enroll online to provide basic information and make an appointment before visiting an enrollment center. There is a nonrefundable application processing fee of $85.00.
- After completing enrollment, successful applicants will receive a Known Traveler Number (KTN) via U.S. mail approximately 2-3 weeks following the visit to the application center. An applicant also may check status online by visiting UniversalEnroll.dhs.gov and clicking on “Service Status.” The Known Traveler Number is valid for five years.
- Once approved as eligible for TSA Pre✓™, the enrollee must enter the provided KTN in the ‘Known Traveler Number’ field when booking travel reservations on any of the nine participating airlines. The KTN also can be added when booking reservations online via a participating airline website, via phone call to the airline reservation center, or with the travel management company making reservations. Additionally, the KTN can be entered in participating airline frequent flyer profiles, where it will be stored for future reservations.
- Please make sure the name used when applying for the TSA Pre✓™ application program matches the name used when booking travel.
- TSA Pre✓™ eligibility will be identified with a TSA Pre✓™ indicator on the boarding pass.
- TSA is accepting applications at select locations.
Please note, appointments may only be made for a date within a 30 day window of completing the online application, and if all available appointments are booked in that period, appointments would not be accepted, requiring the applicant to check back for availability. The applicant also may visit an enrollment site as a “walk-in” without an appointment but could experience a longer wait time.
Ready to pre-enroll? Visit the TSA Pre✓™ application website
UES Enrollment Center
1481 Dean Forest Rd.
Bldg. 200 Suite C
Savannah, GA 31405-9342
Location ID: 5012
|8:30 am – 12:00 pm
1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
|Tuesday – Friday
|8:30 am – 12:00 pm
1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Note: Tractor-trailer parking is available in a parking lot directly across the street from the Enrollment Center. The lot can only hold two trucks at a time.
TSA Real I.D.
The REAL ID Act establishes minimum security standards for license issuance and production and prohibits Federal agencies from accepting for certain purposes driver’s licenses and identification cards from states not meeting the Act’s minimum standards. The purposes covered by the Act are: accessing Federal facilities, entering nuclear power plants, and, boarding federally regulated commercial aircraft.
Tarmac Delay Contingency Plan
Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States. Though intended for frequent international travelers, there is no minimum number of trips necessary to qualify for the program. Participants may enter the United States by using automated kiosks located at select airports. For more information and to apply for Global Entry, please click here. Savannah/Hilton Head International currently does not offer an automated kiosk for Global Entry.
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
For additional information, please visit http://www.faa.gov/uas/
Airport Police Department
Contact the Airport Police Department
- Emergency – Dial 9-1-1
- Non-emergency/File a Police Report – (912) 964-7501
Employment Opportunities with the Airport Police Department
Join our force and become a part of the fast-paced world of civil aviation safety and security. Click here to view employment opportunities.