For one night only, 23 airports across North America will come together for the JetStream Music Festival, an online celebration of local music. Hosted by Austin-Bergstrom International Airport from the “Live Music Capital of the World” in Austin, Texas, the free, multi-hour livestream will take place at 6 p.m. EST on May 6 on participating airports’ Facebook Live. Each airport will feature a musician local to their city in support of the creative community during the COVID-19 crisis.
Participating airports include:
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) – host
- Albuquerque International Airport (ABQ)
- Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG)
- Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL)
- Evansville Regional Airport (EVV)
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT)
- Jacksonville International Airport (JAX)
- John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH)
- John Wayne Airport (SNA)
- Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE)
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
- Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport (MKE)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP)
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT)
- Portland International Airport (PDX)
- San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
- Yeager Airport (CRW)
“For so many airports across North America, live music entertainment in the terminal has become a fun way to delight and engage passengers,” said ACI-NA President and CEO Kevin M. Burke. “Despite the sudden and significant drop in passenger traffic at North America’s airports because of the coronavirus health pandemic, this effort by Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and many other North American airports provides a unique opportunity to connect with their passengers. We look forward to hearing these musicians again in airport terminals soon.”
The lineup features a diverse range of acts, representing each city’s unique music culture. The full lineup for the Festival will be released later this week. Festival viewers can join in the celebration using the hashtag #JetStreamFest.
Airports across North America remain open for essential travel and vital cargo. Employees in these facilities are working around the clock on enhanced cleaning operations, continued airport maintenance and operations, security, and more. Airports are a critical component to the supply chain—including for medical supplies—and continue to provide services for those who must travel.
For more information—including how to tune in—click here .
The livestream will be brought to you by Streak Systems, a tech concierge focused on creating and maintaining technology systems in your home, work and live events.
# # #
Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV) serves travelers to and from Savannah, Hilton Head Island and the surrounding areas across the Low Country of South Carolina and Coastal Georgia. Savannah/Hilton Head International has been named one of the top airports in the U.S. by leading travel publications including Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure. For more information, please visit Savannah/Hilton Head International on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram and at flySAV.com