NAICS – North American Industry Classification System
GDOT UCP Certified Business Directory – Click here for full directory
Disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE) – A for-profit small business concern:
(1) That is at least 51 percent owned by one or more individuals who are both socially and economically disadvantaged or, in the case of a corporations, in which 51 percent of the stock is owned by one or more such individuals; and
(2) Whose management and daily business operations are controlled by one or more of the socially and economically disadvantaged individuals who own it. It is the policy of the Savannah Airport Commission to ensure that only firms that fully meet 49CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs.
Local Vendor – A bidder or business shall be considered a local vendor if it meets all of the following requirements:
(1) The bidder or business must operate and maintain a headquarters, distribution point, division, office, or locally-owned franchise with a physical address within the corporate limits of the city, and
(2) The bidder or business must, at the time of bid, proposal, or quotation submission, have a current city business tax certificate issued by the city for at least one year prior to the issuance of the requested competitive quote, bid, or proposal by the city (a post office box or temporary office shall not be considered a place of business);
(3) The business owner must serve a commercially useful function, meaning performance of real and actual service in the discharge of any contractual endeavor. The contractor / vendor must perform a distinct element of work for which the business owner has the skills, qualifications and expertise, as well as the responsibility for the actual performance, management and supervision of the work for which they have been contracted to perform.